Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday, July 25th, San Francisco Airport

Greetings!

We're off to Quebec via Montreal, exploring my ancestry again.  In 1634, Zacharie Cloutier and Xainte Dupont joined 98 others sent by the French government to found the New World.  As you learned in earlier posts, my ancestors sailed 12 years earlier on the Mayflower to found their own version of the new world, escaping religious persecution.  This set of relatives had agreed to a contract which provided land for their building trade skills and willingness to risk everything in a journey full of promises and no guarantees.

We're in the SFO Airport, awaiting an 11:40am flight to Montreal, where we'll stay the night, and pick up a rental car tomorrow morning.  I have the locations of towns between there and Quebec, and then east and south of Quebec where they ended up for the last four hundred years.  I am so appreciative of Pat's willingness to endure my historical curiosity, and her great companionship and support in these many adventures.

Hope you all enjoy the trip too.  I'll do my best to make it entertaining as well as educational.

Gregory

No comments: